!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (?)

空也

Sad ima jedna stvar koja me buni.

Koliko sam shvatio ono su ponudili sada po prvi put neke albume u mono verziji.JA koliko znam sve poslije Helpa je stereo,cini mi se i For Sale da je stereo.

Ako je tako zasto onda nisu ponudili jedan box mono drugi stereo,sa svim albumima ili jedan onako kako su i prvobitno izasli?

A i jesu cijenu zacepili,do neba.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

znas u cemu?

jbt i digitalu i potrebu da se izvuce para iz zaljubljenika u muziku.

Zasto nema Jugoton da izda sve ploce ponovo i da onda ja sada kada imam mogucnost kupim cijelu kolekciju odjednom na vinilu?

Ne znam ni sam zasto do sada nisam nabavio nijedan njihov cd,a ovo mi izgleda kao ekstra prilika sve na jednom.

I opet stara prica.Kupuj opet jovo na novo.

znaci tvoj prijedlog je mono box i stereo verzija dva zadnja.

Ako ih hoćeš na CD jedina smislena kupovina su ovi remasteri. Dva zadnja postoje samo u stereo varijatni pa tu dilema i ne postoji, jedino je pitanje da li ostatak albuma želiš u mono ili stereo verziji. Ako je jedno ILI drugo, definitivno bih uzeo mono. Nije loše imati Revolver, Sgt.Pepper i Beli i u stereo verzijama.

Evo malo citata iz jednog prikaza... dobrim delom covek kao da mi je citao misli kada sam na prethodnoj strani pisao o tom nekom osecaju sputanosti i ispeglanosti:

...Unlike Abbey Road, which was released the following year, The White Album didn't possess audiophile quality sound. The album opens with Back in the U.S.S.R., which more than any other song on the record, has a harsh, bright, a.m. radio type sound. The remastered cd smooths out those harsh edges by adding some bottom end and taming the upper-mids and high end.

Likewise, on the equally bright Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, the remaster smooths out the sound--and on both of these songs, these eq choices work by making the songs more listenable and enjoyable. Unfortunately, for most of the remainder of the album, this modernizing comes off as a kind of revisionism, and this smoother, more polite, hifi sound also results in a much less active midrange and top end, sapping the life out of more than a few of the songs.

Accompanying John Lennon on Dear Prudence, is a haunting steel string guitar. On the vinyl, the highs and upper mids of the guitar sparkle and sound oh-so realistic. Sadly, the smoothing of the mids and highs that worked so well for the remaster on the other songs falls flat and the guitar loses the magic sparkle heard on the vinyl. And while the vocal character in I Will and Julia shines through, the acoustic guitar on Julia is once again missing that last bit of sparkle found on the vinyl.

Unlike the remastered cd, listening to the vinyl takes me back in time--full midrange and highs; full, but not big bass. Some will say the vinyl sounds like it's coming through a bullhorn or a.m. radio. But next to the overly polite remaster, I find it more exciting....

...The irony of the increased bass on the remaster is that Ringo's snare drum, which gets many a workout on this record, is much more realistic sounding on the vinyl. On both Birthday and Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey, Ringo's snare drum sounds far more realistic on the vinyl. Furthermore, due the shaving of the upper-mids, the remaster loses some of the organic crunch of the guitars and the realism of the snare. Simply said, the vinyl sounds like a four-track tape recording in a sweaty club; the cd sounds more like it was recorded direct to a board in the studio.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived