Nad c540 problem

Krnjevac

Pre svega pozdrav kolegama posto me duze vreme nije bilo:D

Elem imam pomenuti plejer vec duze vreme koji mi stoji tako da mi prdnulo da ga sredim....e sad plejer ucita svaki disk besprekorno,cak i najgori rezanac medjutim u toku reprodukcije pocne da krci i zavija,secam se da su svojevremeno na njihovom sajtu naveli kao fabricku gresku i da se promenom par kondica drugom vrednoscu resava prob ilem,e sad ne mogu da nadjem na netu nista o tome,ako neko zna ili smatra da je nesto drugo po sredi tu sam.....hvala svima

• 2 weeks later...

I ovo sam iscackao

1) Add a ceramic capacitor 100pF at C309 position. 2) Change C122 from 1pF(NAD 522) or 5pF (NAD524) to optimum value between 2.2 and 8 pF. Note that higher value will result in lower jitter with normal CD but practically worse performance on CDR’s Best balance is usually 3.3 pF 3) Re-route the cables J5 and J10; make sure they have minimal interaction with J1 and J2.

Hi Tony:

I finally got to a NAD C540 which had been patiently waiting on my "projects-to-do-one-day" shelf for a while. It was in excellent cosmetic condition, but with the infamous "no disk" error.

I replaced the 3 capacitors as per the Service Hint you posted above. It works perfectly now and is now a part of my main living room set up smile.gif

Thanks for sharing the info.

Rgds
Mayank

PS I also remember reading another thread where one of the members had also recommended upgrading the main power supply capacitor C529 (3300uF/16V) with 10000uF/16V and replacing the 4 diodes D515-517 (1N4001) with faster 3A diodes. I haven't done this as yet.

15 minuta ranije, Krnjevac said:

PS I also remember reading another thread where one of the members had also recommended upgrading the main power supply capacitor C529 (3300uF/16V) with 10000uF/16V and replacing the 4 diodes D515-517 (1N4001) with faster 3A diodes. I haven't done this as yet.

Ово има логике и то треба првенствено урадити.