Bowers & Wilkins

Pavlaka

Dobar stalak ne svira, deo vibracija sprovede u pod, a deo upije !

Surovi sigurno da je tako ali mozda me nisi razumeo,ja licno preferiram monitor/kutije da stoje na spajkove na sami stalak(ne pricam za podne),direktno vezivanje/zatezanje itekako prenese zvuk/vibracije na stalak mozda minimalno na bolji dizajn,a i umrtvi kutije/kabineti sto za neke vrste monitora je katastrofa.recimo Harbeth ,Spendor. :thumbsup2

Kad već pomenusmo improvizacije, ja sam moje stalke napravio tako Å¡to sam ukrÅ¡tajući naslagao silikatne cigle, dole (da ne grebu parket) i gore (kao izolacija za zvuÄnike) zalepio one furniture filcane podloÅ¡ke koje prodaju Ikea i JYSK. To je mrtvo ko Chuck Berry. Ima slika u Sony obožavateljskom kutku, slikano non smart fiksnim telefonom, ali vidi se o Äemu se radi.

Nije za manje kutije, mada može i to ko uspe da ubedi devojku/suprugu da je to lepo. Cigle su, po standardu, 25x12x6,5 cm. Ja sam iÅ¡ao na najstabilniju varijaciju uzimajući u obzir dimenzije. Sad, da li bi neko stavio zvuÄnike kao Å¡to su B&W na cigle, to je već stvar suviÅ¡e psiholoÅ¡ka da bi se ovde ukratko elaborirala.

Surovi sigurno da je tako ali mozda me nisi razumeo,ja licno preferiram monitor/kutije da stoje na spajkove na sami stalak(ne pricam za podne),direktno vezivanje/zatezanje itekako prenese zvuk/vibracije na stalak mozda minimalno na bolji dizajn,a i umrtvi kutije/kabineti sto za neke vrste monitora je katastrofa.recimo Harbeth ,Spendor. :thumbsup2

Dobro smo se razumeli, ja nisam pristalica da se zvuÄnici Å¡rafe za stalak obavezno, treba probati.Kao Å¡to si i sam rekao, to može da upropasti zvuk.Jako je opasno kada se zvuÄnik predampira.Ja sam samo protiv elastiÄnih podloÅ¡ki,one su izvor mikrovibracija i slažem se da je najbolje spajk u zvuÄnik, pa ceo zvuÄnik na stalak, a ne da spajk bude od stalka prema zvuÄniku.Ali opet kažem nije to pravilo 100% treba probati, ima izuzetaka

@surokvl

Svakako da nema pravila,ja sam se namucio testiranjem platforme za 801,sve je oprobano ,obzirom da su mrge i mozes navezbati bicepse ostalo je mucenje,"T" stalak od 20cm sa/bez spajkova gore dole,postolje punog drveta isto kombinacije imalo je tu i silikonskih nodzica u mix,spajk 5cm direktno na pod,mozda bi tebe cudilo ali najbolje zvucio direktno na pod sa silikonima.Dali je u pitanju tu sama tezina pa pod deluje kao najbolji damper,neznam!

Chitam ovo bas. http://www.audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/speaker-spikes-and-cones-2013-what2019s-the-point

:type

In some recent issues of the audio magazine, ‘Hi Fi News’ [ref 1], Keith Howard used an accelerometer to measure the levels of vibration in various objects. When he tried measuring the vibrations produced in a loudspeaker stand by playing the speaker he found a result that surprised him. With the speaker unit sitting on cones the level of vibration of the stand was over one hundred times greater than if the cones were replaced with small rubbery feet. This indicates that cones are of doubtful use if the intention is to stop vibrations passing from the speaker to the stand, or to any other solid objects against which the speaker may sit. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Nova 600 serija stvarno odlicno izgleda, jedva cekam da je poslusam kod nas u Audio centar Bolin u Skoplju. CM tehnologija ulazi u 600 ruvo.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Speakers/Home_Audio/600_Series/explore.html

C4-600-Explore-Hi-Fi.jpg

C5-600-Passion%20for%20sound.jpg

B&W 683 opasno izgleda. Novi aluminiumski LF drajveri. 

683_Black-Ash_OFF.jpg

I konacno visokotonac ima zastitu. 

C3-600-Explore-DDD-US.jpg

FST drajver.  :facehearts

C1-600-Explore-Black-US.jpg

Bestseller B&W 685 S2 izgleda odlicno. 5 zvezdice. ;)

685_bottom_image.jpg

WHFSV-FiveStar-logo.gif

FOR

• Huge scale and excellent dynamics
  • Authoritative
  • Clear, precise and agile
  • Deep, rich bass
  • Superb detail and insight
  • Punchy, refined and entertaining sound
  • Distinctive design
 AGAINST
  • Finish looks and feels quite plain

It’s taken seven years, but the new generation of Bowers & Wilkins 685 speakers is finally here. And they sound impressive.

The previous B&W 685s have been long-standing favourites in our offices, with a rollercoaster history that saw them win Awards and then get recently dropped down to four stars in light of newer, stiffer competition.

But B&W has rallied back, with a new 600 series that incorporates existing technologies taken from their high-end speakers, hoping to reclaim that fifth star with the 685 S2s.

Specifications

BW685Detail05.jpg

So what’s changed? The headline act is the decoupled reinforced dome tweeter.

The 25mm aluminium dome in the 685 S2 is reinforced with a thicker metal ring to make the tweeter stronger and better damped – a technology handed down from B&W’s flagship CM10 floorstanding speakers – and ensures a higher degree of clarity and accuracy in the upper ranges.

The tweeter assembly is suspended in a ring of soft gel, keeping it isolated from any cabinet vibrations brought about by the mid-bass driver.

This series marks the first time that B&W has used such mechanical decoupling for a tweeter in a cabinet loudspeaker.

Elsewhere, the 16.5cm mid/bass driver remains mostly the same. The bullet-shaped phase plug of the previous generation is replaced with a mushroom-shaped ‘dust cap’ derived from the high-end B&W PM1 speakers, which further damps the driver down at certain frequencies.

The new shape and foam material also lessens unwanted resonance and aims for a smoother driver response in the upper frequencies.

Design

BW685Detail06.jpg

The sturdy, square-edged cabinet is slightly slimmer and taller than before (it’s now 34.5cm tall and 19cm wide), but there’s no mistaking that these are B&W 600 series speakers.

Pop the speaker grilles off and the 685s remain interesting lookers, thanks to an uncluttered fascia and the distinctive bright yellow Kevlar mid/bass driver. 

The asymmetrical design is out, but we can all breathe a sigh of relief as B&W has finally covered up the fragile dome tweeter with a protective grille mesh (which helps with dispersion, too).

The easily-dented tweeter is no longer in danger of being accidentally (or otherwise) prodded and poked.

While the speakers are well built, we can’t help but wish for a more premium-quality finish. The 685s do look and feel rather plain, especially considering the price jump (now £500 from £380).

They’re now also only available in two finishes: white and black ash. Gone are the wood finishes, which reportedly weren’t very popular.

Sound quality

BW685Detail02.jpg

But enough of that – how does it actually sound? In one word: brilliant. Right from the start, these B&W 685s burst to life with a powerful, clear and agile sound.

These are hugely talented and enjoyable speakers, and a definite step up from their predecessors.

The sense of scale is massive, especially coming from relatively compact standmounters.

The soundstage is wide and deep, enveloping you in a richly detailed, subtly dynamic and cohesive performance, whether you’re playing Aerosmith, Lorde or a Hans Zimmer soundtrack.

The deep and taut bass is particularly impressive. Play Led Zeppelin’s Whole Lotta Love and the bass notes are so rich and powerful that it almost feels like there’s a subwoofer in the room.

BW685Detail01.jpg

All the technology tweaks seem to have paid off as well, as the 685s sound remarkably clean and precise.

The piano notes in Amanda Palmer’s The Bed Song sound sweet and delicate, while her breathy vocals are full of texture and emotion.

Switch to Radiohead, and the stop and start of notes are definite, rhythm changes are handled with confidence, and each instrument is conveyed with a great deal of finesse and insight.

They can also go extremely loud with little obvious distortion – we rarely have this much fun listening to music so loudly in our listening rooms.

Crank up the volume when playing A Perfect Circle’s beautifully recordedThirteenth Step, and the 685s charge along with more excitement and punch.

That slight discrepancy in character between the tweeter and midrange that we pointed out in the older B&W 685 speakers can still be heard, but to a far lesser degree than before.

BW685Detail07.jpg

While the 685 S2s don’t make too much of a fuss with hard or bright recordings, give them a pristinely recorded album and they truly shine.

It’s also worth taking care with positioning and partnering equipment.

As always, the new 685s sound happiest when given plenty of space (don’t shove them up against the wall), and slightly toed in towards the listening position.

While our reference Roksan Caspian M2 separates sounded fantastic with the 685s, they’re a couple of rungs up the budget ladder for these £500 B&W speakers.

Pair them instead with the long-standing favourite Audiolab 8200CD (£730) and the immensely powerful and revealing Arcam FMJ A19 (£650) integrated amplifier, and you’ve got one hell of a hi-fi system. 

BW685Rear.jpg

Verdict

Was it worth the wait? Oh, absolutely. B&W’s improvements – no matter how small – have ensured that the B&W 685 S2 speakers are firmly back in the competition when it comes to mid-priced hi-fi standmounters.

They’re hugely entertaining, and their sheer power, punchy dynamics and excellent detail retrieval will make you want to listen to your entire music collection from the start.

They’re the speakers we’d put on to get our friends into hi-fi, and we can’t think of a better reason to recommend the new B&W 685s. They’re superb.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/685-s2

• 3 weeks later...

Da li je neko imao iskustva sa Bowers & Wilkins dm 640? Drugar je napipao ove zvuÄnike i kaže da uopÅ¡te ne zvuÄe loÅ¡e. Ja sam u fazi kupovine zvuÄnika, a iskreno nisam imao prilike da osluÅ¡nem ovaj brend, pa me zanima miÅ¡ljenje nekoga ko je imao iskustva sa njima.

Ja sam imao dm 580 što je kao model niži po rangu od te kutije i to je radilo sasvim pristojno u svom rangu

kada kažem pristojno ne mislim da su prestižne daleko od toga ali za sumu koliko su koÅ¡tale sasvim zadovoljavajuće,pretpostavljam da su te kutije bolje bolje od mojih,preporuÄujem obavezno sluÅ¡anje pre kupovine ako je moguće sa svojim pojaÄalom (ne znam koje pojaÄalo posedujeÅ¡) jer su barem moje bile zahtevne po pitanju uparivanja sa pojaÄalom i kablažom,ne odgovara im pojaÄalo tipa HK,Onkyo...itd.

Da li je neko imao iskustva sa Bowers & Wilkins dm 640? Drugar je napipao ove zvuÄnike i kaže da uopÅ¡te ne zvuÄe loÅ¡e. Ja sam u fazi kupovine zvuÄnika, a iskreno nisam imao prilike da osluÅ¡nem ovaj brend, pa me zanima miÅ¡ljenje nekoga ko je imao iskustva sa njima.

Ja zakasnio da ih poslusam a bas su mi se dopali. Takodje bi voleo da cujem utiske nekog ko ih je poslusao.

Ima li nekog ko je poslusao B&W CDM2 SE, mogu da uzmem odlicno ocuvan par za oko 270e.

Pojacalo je HK655Vxi, pa ide i pitanje kako se inace B&W i HK slazu?