Šta se sluša ?

den!s

A portrait of the artist as a young man, The Nightfly is a wonderfully evocative reminiscence of Kennedy-era American life; in the liner notes, Donald Fagen describes the songs as representative of the kinds of fantasies he entertained as an adolescent during the late '50s/early '60s, and he conveys the tenor of the times with some of his most personal and least obtuse material to date. Continuing in the smooth pop-jazz mode favored on the final Steely Dan records, The Nightfly is lush and shimmering, produced with cinematic flair by Gary Katz; romanticized but never sentimental, the songs are slices of suburbanite soap opera, tales of space-age hopes (the hit "I.G.Y.") and Cold War fears (the wonderful "The New Frontier," a memoir of fallout-shelter love) crafted with impeccable style and sophistication.

The opening track and first single from Donald Fagen's solo debut, "I.G.Y. (International Geophysical Year)" is a dryly ironic take on the prevailing optimism of the late '50s. The International Geophysical Year -- 1958, to be precise -- was a combination research project and public relations move by the world's scientists, who banded together to collect and share information across geographic boundaries. In terms of Fagen's lyrics, the I.G.Y. is the symbol of all the promises that science held in his Popular Mechanics youth: ordinary people traveling to permanent space stations, undersea high-speed rail travel between New York and Paris, solar-powered cities, etc. The irony, of course, comes in the payoff line, "Well, by '76, we'll be A-OK." As the song goes on, creepier elements insinuate themselves into Fagen's utopian vision, images of "a just machine to make big decisions/Programmed by fellows with compassion and vision" delivered with the same gee-whiz enthusiasm as the earlier verses. Musically, the song amplifies the future-perfect theme of the lyrics by counterpointing the jazzy unison horn riff at the melody's center with the sort of theremin-like electronic squeals that would be all over the soundtrack to a late-'50s drive-in science fiction flick, or an album of forbidding electronic "music of the future" from the same period; ironically, by the song's 1982 release, sounds that would have seemed freakishly alien in 1958 were simply another element of mainstream pop music.

igylogo.jpg Dharma_Initiative.com.gif

The International Geophysical Year (IGY) was an international scientific project that lasted from July 1, 1957, to December 31, 1958. It marked the end of a long period during the Cold War when scientific interchange between East and West had been seriously interrupted. Joseph Stalin's death in 1953 opened the way for this new era of collaboration. Sixty-seven countries participated in IGY projects, although one notable exception was mainland China, which was protesting against the participation of the Republic of China (Taiwan). East and West agreed to nominate the Belgian Marcel Nicolet as secretary general of the associated international organization.

The IGY encompassed eleven Earth sciences: aurora and airglow, cosmic rays, geomagnetism, gravity, ionospheric physics, longitude and latitude determinations (precision mapping), meteorology, oceanography, seismology, and solar activity.

Both the Soviet Union and the U.S. launched artificial satellites for this event; the Soviet Union's Sputnik 1, launched on October 4, 1957, was the first successful artificial satellite. Other significant achievements of the IGY included the discovery of the Van Allen radiation belts and the discovery of mid-ocean submarine ridges, an important confirmation of plate tectonics.[1] Also detected was the rare occurrence of hard solar corpuscular radiation that could be highly dangerous for manned space flight.

MI0003515830.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

The album's cover artwork features a photo of Donald Fagen as a disc jockey, wearing a collared shirt and tie, speaking into a RCA 77DX microphone. In front of him is a turntable (16 inch '50s model, with a Para-Flux A-16 tonearm), an ashtray, and a pack of Chesterfield King cigarettes. Visible on the table with the record player, is the cover of the 1958 jazz album Sonny Rollins and the Contemporary Leaders (credited in the liner notes). On the wall behind is a large clock, indicating that the time is 4:09.

Gale Sasson and Vern Yenor are credited with the cover's set design. George Delmerico acted as art director, and the picture was taken by noted art photographer James Hamilton. The Wall Street Journal writes, "The cover adds another layer of autobiography. On the front, we see Mr. Fagen as a crew-cut deejay on the graveyard shift. On the back is his audience, a single lighted window in a row of tract homes -- or maybe the artist as a young man, drinking in inspiration."

Takav je bio zivot kad nije bilo interneta.

V8uWi15h.jpg

column_yuge_06_img_7.jpg

Spekulira se da je gram RCA, Rek-O-Cut, Russco ili mozda Western Electric iz 50tih. Ako neko ima info sigurno koji model je gram nek napise.

%5B4%5DRCA%2076-DJ.jpg

DIo ekipe The Nightfly-a:

Anthony Jackson - Bass
Steve Jordan - Drums
Steve Khan - Guest Artist, Guitar, Guitar (Acoustic)
Marcus Miller - Bass, Guest Artist
Gary Katz - Producer
Bob Ludwig - Mastering

Tu nesto nije kako treba ili je bas kako treba, nije mi jasno...

Imam narezano na dvd-jeve i odlozeno da cami u tami svasta nesto sto nemam trenutno na hdd, sa vremena na vreme mi dodje da pregledam sta ima, imam odstampan omot sadrzaja diska u onoj slim kutiji, ako ugledam nesto zanimljivo iskopiram na hdd i ubacim u listu. Disk broj 12, Morphine cure for pain, reko, vidi, pa moglo bi ovo sad. Posle 10 minuta ti stavis komentar.

Voodoo. Ako imas moju lutku, nemoj sa debele igle.

Ako se i ovo poklopi onda su necastive sile u pitanju.Podjok u soping po hi-res dirty flace,kad tamo covek nase gore list Milos Karadaglic http://www.hdtracks.com/new/aranjuez sa albumom Aranjuez i Landn filkarmonik okestra(vako Tomasu pisu govore),lepa svirka nema sta,odavno nisam akustaru djitru sluso,jos od Paka pokoj mu dushi.

Milos Karadaglic - Aranjuez

518ef049ca40293dd2584038a7a7c1cd.jpg

Prvo sam pomislio da je Spok iz novih Startrekova :D.

Hvala ti, majti Dza!

jahbless%5B1%5D.gif

Zazvrat, prilažem jedan smirujući album sa dve gitarice, mandolinom i drum and bass-om. Sjajna ekipa, domaćinska svirka i odliÄan snimak prljavog flaka.

61uxjn87%2BcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Potrazi negde Grismanov album Hot Dawg ,to mi je jedna od najdrazih ploca,sa magicnim Grapellijem.

Potrazi negde Grismanov album Hot Dawg ,to mi je jedna od najdrazih ploca,sa magicnim Grapellijem.

Veoma fin muzicki ukus imate Sondek,hvala za preporuku ovog albuma i Donalda Fagena - The Nightfly(avatar),uz izvinjenje sto sam vas u jednoj muzicko-zvucnoj temi uvredio time sto sam jako sirovo diskutovao sa vama,a nisam vam ni do clanaka po poznavanju muzike i zvuka.

Za digimonce Majka Rusija(MFSL) pa u kupnju Hot Dawg,veoma dobar zvuk.

8cc34b64f0c6fb1133ae0f9d3098a9a4.jpg

Brzo ce da me preteknete,sto mi vinilasi skupljamo dvaes' godina to vi skinete za dvaes' dana.

Treba znati sta "kupiti",treba imati muzickog znanja i stila,najlakse je "napuniti" terabajte HD-ova,a nemati pojma ni sta na njima imas.Jedan od clanova je prokomentarisao da ce se slusalac muzike odluciti na kupovinu ploce ili cd-a samo albuma koji mu se veoma dopada,tako da posedovanjem ploce ili cd-a posedujes album koji stvarno volis i to je istina.Play liste su solidno udaljile slusaoca od biti stvari - slusanja muzike,zato ih nikad ne pravim,takodje i "greatest hits" ne "nabavljam".Ali svaka novotarija prvo na povrsinu izbaci lose stvari,ali se kasnije voda izbistri.I Japanci su posle II svetskog rata bili najveci sverceri i prevaranti na svetu,ali su se upristojili.